Stress can lead us to anxiety and depression and loads of bad habits:
- Unhealthy eating
- Drinking too much alcohol or coffee
- Lack of exercise
- Lack of sleep and insomnia
- Feeling exhausted most of the time
- Lack of motivation
For younger people, a lack of motivation, sleep and exercise can have a determinantal effect on their academic performance. In fact, exercise can have a great effect on a person’s mood and well-being, helping to reduce stress and low mood.
inspiresport says: “Stress is a part of life, but as a young person, this can feel overwhelming and exhausting. Exercise and improved fitness play a significant factor in relieving the thoughts and feelings of stress and anxiety, and when exercise plays a regular part in weekly routines, it can reduce levels to bring a calmer mind and thought-process in daily life.”
If you want to improve your Health & Wellness quickly and easily, the following are scientifically proven ways to lift your mood and help you feel great.
1. Gratitude, keep a gratitude journal, daily write down all the things that make you happy and that you are thankful for.
2. Set goals write down a list of all the things you want from life. Review and update the list daily
3. Exercise, get moving, choose something you enjoy and find a friend to join you. It can be a simple as a short walk or try yoga or pilates, go for a swim or join a gym. Exercise has been proven to be just as effective as anti-depressants.
4. Meditate, Meditation transforms you into a calm, well-balanced, and peaceful person. It changes your attitude to be more positive, happy and more motivated. A study published in the Lancet last year found mindfulness meditation techniques could be as effective as anti-depressant meditation at preventing depression. Meditation boosts serotonin in your brain to a healthy “depression resistant” level. Meditation turns off the brain region of the brain responsible for anxiety and depression.
5. Get enough Sleep, improve your sleep quality with good sleep hygiene and overcome insomnia, use guided meditation as a sleep aid, use lavender drops or stray on your pillow and most importantly turn off technology at least an hour before bed. All these things set the stage for a great nights rest which is so important to your well being.
6. Healthy eating, stick to unprocessed food and lots of vegetables and fruit.
If you want to improve your health and wellness and start a new healthy routine in time for summer get a coach or try hypnotherapy to get you started on a new health and wellness regime. Start with small steps and develop more healthy habits for your health and future.
Counsellor, Mindset Coach & hypnotherapist Mob. 0412 352 429 Key Mindfulness – The “Key for Me”
*ABS National Survey of Mental Health and Wellbeing: Summary of Results, 2007. Cat. no. (4326.0). Canberra