I am sharing this taramasalata recipe for my friends that I went to high school with. I have had so many requests from them I thought I would also share it on my blog. This is the taramasalata recipe that I have been making since I was a teenager. It is so easy and everyone loves it and great for this time of year to make for friends and family.
Ingredients for the perfect Taramasalata
- 1 x tin of Australian Caviar Tarama 100g
- Juice of two large lemons
- 2 cups of light olive oil
- Around 8 slices of frozen bread (or stale bread)
- A quarter of a small onion
The frozen bread is my secret ingrediant. I discovered many years ago that the frozen bread helps the ingredients blend together well.
- Blend onion and tarama in a food processor until smooth.
- While blending the tarama and onion, quickly soak frozen bread under a tap and make into a ball about the size of a baseball. Then add to the food processor. I used to remove the crusts until I realised there was no need too.
- Once completely blended slowly add lemon juice and then oil.
That is it! It is so easy and so yummy and so addictive! Just serve taramasalata with kalamata olives and cracker and your favorite drink.