Hypnotherapy can be used to enhance Sports porformance.
Hypnotherapy in sports can enhance performance. Sports hypnosis is used by athletes, coaches and psychologists. Hypnosis is a form of mental training and can therefore contribute to enhancing athletic execution. Mental state can impact an athlete’s performance during training and competition.
Professional athletes and teams describe hypnosis techique as guided imagery and guided visualisation. Hypnosis is one of several techniques that athletes may use to achieve their sporting goals and top performance.
Hypnosis does for the mind what physical activity does for the body of an athlete. Relaxation and meditation is key to improved sporting performance and athletes may perform better if they are able to relax mentally and focus on the task at hand. Hypnosis supports athletes attain relaxation during practise and competition. Hypnosis helps to relieve anxiety and manage stress in athletes.
The mind can not distinguish between was is real and what is imagined, this is why visualisation is so effective. What is created in the mind can be recreated in reality. Research has studied the role of hypnosis in enhancing sports such as basketball, golf, long-distance running, archery, badminton and tennis etc. Athletes may develop auto-response to preestablished stimuli which is geared towards achieving optimal performance levels.For more information
The use of hypnotherapy in sports offers the following benefits:
- Helps to reinforce sporting goals
- Supports athletes to better handle anxiety and nervousness
- Self relaxation skills
- Facilitates stress management
- Increases concentration
- Eliminates sports phobia responses
- Provides the ability to focus and eliminate distractions
- Assists in controlling pain
- Increases performance motivation
- Improves bodily awareness
- Handle personal stresses and challenges that may affect their sporting performance