How to Improve your Health and Wellness Easily and Effortlessly. Most of us are busy all the time. We are living at a fast paced and are constantly bombarded with things we have to do, places we need to be, feeling overburdened, stressed-out with our never ending to do lists. Balancing family/friends and work commitments is making us feel stressed and anxious. According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics. (2008). *3 million Australians are living with depression or anxiety
Stress can lead us to anxiety and depression and loads of bad habits:
- Unhealthy eating
- Drinking too much alcohol or coffee
- Lack of exercise
- Lack of sleep and insomnia
- Feeling exhausted most of the time
- Lack of motivation
If you want to improve your Health & Wellness quickly and easily, the following are scientific proven ways to lift your mood and help you feel great.
- Gratitude, keep a gratitude journal, daily write down all the things that make you happy and that you are thankful for.
Set goals write down a list of all the things you want from life. Review and update the list daily
Exercise, get moving choose something you enjoy and find a friend to join you. It can be a simple as a short walk, or try yoga or pilates, go for a swim or join a gym. Exercise has been proven to be just as effective as anti-depressants.
- Meditate, Meditation transforms you into a calm, well-balanced, and peaceful person. It changes your attitude to be more positive,happy and more motivated. A study published in the Lancet last year found mindfulness meditation techniques could be as effective as anti-depressant meditation at preventing depression. Meditation boosts serotonin in your brain to a healthy “depression resistant” level. Meditation turns off the brain region of the brain responsible for anxiety and depression.
- Get enough Sleep, improve you sleep quality with good sleep hygiene and overcome insomnia, use a guided meditation as a sleep aid, use lavender drops or stray on your pillow and most importantly turn of technology at least an hour before bed. All these things set the stage for a great nights rest which is so important to your well being.
Healthy eating, stick to unprocessed food and lots of vegetables and fruit.
If you want to improve your health and wellness and start a new healthy routine in time for summer get a coach or try hypnotherapy to get you started on a new health and wellness regime. Start with small steps and develop more healthy habits for your health and future.
Counsellor, Mindset Coach & hypnotherapist
Mob. 0412 352 429
Key Mindfulness – The “Key for Me”
*ABS National Survey of Mental Health and Wellbeing:Summary of Results, 2007. Cat. no. (4326.0). Canberra